Saturday, April 19, 2014

Blog introduction and about me

Hi there!

My name is Dora Guta. Yes, like Dora the Explorer, if you find that reference funny.


I'm a 25 years old enthusiast of all things "Beauty, Fashion & Life" related and I am currently studying journalism at Georg Simon Ohm University of Applied Sciences Nuremberg, Germany.

I've always been inspired by other bloggers and youtubers and this inspiration kinda led me to creating
my own little space on the Internet. And as I like to know a little about a blogger I follow, I thought I'd give a little intro about myself as well.



I was born in Ploiesti, Romania on February 22nd, 1989 and (partly) grew up in Nuremberg, Germany.


My family moved to Nuremberg when I was only 18 months old and we lived there for 6 years. After the late 90s, there was a constant back and forth between Romania and Germany, but then my parents decided it would be best to send us to school in Romania, since school was better rated there back then. So I went to school in my home town until the 10th grade, only to finish high school back in Nuremberg, where I stayed for good ever since 2008.



I have two older brothers, what means that growing up was a total pain in the ass. They used to play pranks on me all the time and be jerks -as older brothers do-, but now we do get along just great and I love them.

I'm the little one on the left :) We were 2, 7 and 4 years old.

I also have a pretty big family and what I love the most about it, is that we're very close. We always have a full house on holidays, birthdays or other parties and I find that to be pretty awesome. I sometimes see us like Kevin's family from "Home alone", minus some of the craziness but hey! that's what makes us great and I adore my family! <3

Having older brothers had a big impact on who I am today, because they shaped me and taught me to be strong. Yes, they teased me a lot, but they also stood up for me no matter what and I always felt protected.
As a kid, I did a lot of stuff that girls my age probably didn't, like playing video games and listen to weird boys' music. Used to love games like "Street fighter" or "Need for speed" and listen to rap/hip hop and rock music, things which I of course also do today. I still play all kinds of video games and because of my brothers, my taste in music ranges from "you gotta listen to this song" to "I know, please don't judge me".
But being the youngest and also a girl, probably pushed me to my fashion-side as well, because sometimes I just needed a break from the boyish stuff.

In my teenage years, I started developing a passion for fashion, hair, makeup and beauty and spent many days watching people for inspiration. I love creating stuff! Painting, drawing, do any kind of handicraft, name it and I'll try it! This was also the time I started with the DIYs and never stopped ever since.

Other than this, what more can I say about me? Oh, yes. Photography! Ever since I got my first digital camera back in 2009, I can't stop taking pictures. Over the years, the cameras got better; from a plain Casio digital camera, I evolved to a DSLR. My first DSLR was a Nikon D50 and a year later, I got a Nikon D5100. It's not really a professional camera, having only 16,2 megapixels and an AF-S Nikkor 18-105mm lens, but it works perfectly for me and it delivers outstanding image quality.
Besides college, I take my camera pretty much everywhere with me, just waiting for that picture perfect moment. :D Check out my flickr profile to see some of my work and if you'll like it, maybe leave me a comment!


P.S.     I will try to use my own images as much as possible on this blog, and I claim no credits for any images posted on the site otherwise. Those are copyright to their respectful owners and if there is an image appearing, that belongs to you and you do not wish for it to appear, please e-mail me and it will be promptly removed.


Thanks for reading,

Dora

No comments:

Post a Comment