Friday, April 11, 2014

First post

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

Besides the fact that there was a requirement in college to create a blog, in order to be admitted for an exam, this quote kind of moved me to finally do it. I wanted to do so for quite a few years, but never really thought I had it in me. Writing never was one of my strengths, I'd rather prefer well...anything else. And oh, the irony, I'm studying journalism*giggles*.

Thinking about a topic and a concept, fashion was the first thing off the top of my head. Not that I am necessarily a very fashionable girl ( I do try to be, in my own way), but I am very interested in everything fashion/arts/crafts related.

So starting today, I'll work on this blog and do my best to bring some interesting stories into the blogging world. Expect to see posts varying from fashion trends, to DIY-Projects, beauty tips and tricks, lifestyle or tutorials.

P.S. The quote belongs to H. Jackson Brown's mother, not to Mark Twain. (see page 13 in Brown's 1991 book: P.S. I Love You: When Mom Wrote, She Always Saved the Best for Last.) Had to say that, as I was about to misquote. #doublecheck (Yes, I used a hashtag :> )


Hope you'll like and enjoy it, as I'll pour my heart into it!

xo,

Dora.

No comments:

Post a Comment